GitHub - shadowsocks/ShadowsocksX-NG: Next Generation of ShadowsocksX
source link: https://github.com/shadowsocks/ShadowsocksX-NG
Go to the source link to view the article. You can view the picture content, updated content and better typesetting reading experience. If the link is broken, please click the button below to view the snapshot at that time.
Current version is 1.7.1
Next Generation of ShadowsocksX
It's hard to maintain the original implementation as there is too much unused code in it.
It also embeds the
ss-local source. It's crazy to maintain dependencies of
So it's hard to update the
Now I just copied the
ss-local from Homebrew. Run
ss-local executable as a Launch Agent in the background.
Serve PAC JS file as a file URL. So there is only some source code related to GUI left.
Then I will rewrite the GUI code in Swift.
- macOS 10.11+
- Xcode 9.2+
- CocoaPods 1.3.1+
ss-localfrom shadowsocks-libev 3.0.5
- Could update PAC by download GFW List from GitHub.
- Shows QRCode for current server profile.
- Scans QRCode from screen.
- Auto launch at login.
- User rules for PAC.
- Support for AEAD Ciphers
- HTTP Proxy by privoxy
- Over kcptun. Version 20170322
- Export/Import configure file.
- An advanced preferences panel for configuring:
- Local SOCKS5 listen address.
- Local SOCKS5 listen port.
- Local SOCKS5 timeout.
- If enable UDP relay.
- GFW List URL.
- Manually specify network service profiles which would be used to configure the proxy.
- Could reorder shadowsocks profiles by drag-&-dropping in servers preferences panel.
- Configurable global shortcuts for toggle running and switch proxy mode.
Difference from original ShadowsocksX
ss-local is run as a background service through launchd, not as an in-app process.
So after you quit the app, the
ss-local might be still running.
Added a manual mode which won't configure the system proxy settings, so that you could configure your apps to use the SOCKS5 proxy manually.
Contributions must be available on a separately named branch based on the latest version of the main branch
The project is released under the terms of the GPLv3.
Aggregate valuable and interesting links.
Joyk means Joy of geeK