Continuous integration and testing with custom GitHub workflow for Windows base...
source link: https://dev.to/alexanderdamiani/continuous-integration-and-testing-with-custom-github-workflow-for-windows-base-image-4l2o
Go to the source link to view the article. You can view the picture content, updated content and better typesetting reading experience. If the link is broken, please click the button below to view the snapshot at that time.
Continuous integration and testing with custom GitHub workflow for Windows base image
This video covers how to run continuous integration (CI) and testing (
pytest) on a GitHub repo automatically with GitHub Actions. Specifically regarding using a Windows base image, which doesn't allow using any prebuilt GitHub Actions from the marketplace and instead the workflow must be written from scratch with PowerShell.
Linting is done using the following packages:
The use cases are:
- python package dependency is Windows-only and can't be installed on Ubuntu
- application will be running on Windows natively and you want testing to simulate the production environment
- application will be cross-platform and you want testing to simulate all possibilities of the production environment
The video covers:
- walk-through of custom workflow file in a GitHub repository
- using the custom workflow file in a GitHub repository
All the code for the video is on GitHub as well, with the link in the video description.
If you find the video helpful you can greatly help me by doing one or all of the following:
Aggregate valuable and interesting links.
Joyk means Joy of geeK