This week in Usability & Productivity, part 30
source link: https://www.tuicool.com/articles/hit/fuEVNfU
Go to the source link to view the article. You can view the picture content, updated content and better typesetting reading experience. If the link is broken, please click the button below to view the snapshot at that time.
- Discover gained the ability to upgrade your computer’s firmware (Abjiheet Sharma, KDE Plasma 5.14.0)
- Fixed a bug that could cause Plasma to crash as soon as you log in (Kai Uwe Broulik, KDE Plasma 5.12.7)
- Fixed a very large number of bugs relating to font installation (Mathias Tillman, KDE Plasma 5.12.7)
- Because it’s not possible to change the trash icons, you’re no longer presented with the option to try doing it anyway (Subham Jangra, KDE Frameworks 5.49 and KDE Applications 18.08.0)
- Dragging unmodified images from Gwenview to Chromium and the Plasma desktop (to set it as your wallpaper) now works properly again (Henrik Fehlauer, KDE Applications 18.08.0)
- LibreOffice no longer hangs when launched using Konsole (Andreas Hartmetz, KDE Applications 18.08.0)
UI Polish & Improvement
- Discover’s Updates page and Settings page received some visual tweaks to look better and be more consistent with one another (Aleix Pol and me: Nate Graham, KDE Plasma 5.14.0):
(There’s still more to be done, as you can see)
- The Desktop Effects System Settings page received some organizational improvements (Vlad Zagorodniy, KDE Plasma 5.14.0)
- Trying to create a folder with the name . or .. now shows an appropriate error message (Thomas Marshall, KDE Frameworks 5.49):
- Kate’s incredibly useful and powerful Text Filter plugin is now enabled by default and more discoverable (me: Nate Graham, KDE Applications 18.12.0)
- Gwenview’s Red Eye Reduction feature now has a keyboard shortcut by default: ctrl + e (Henrik Fehlauer, KDE Applications 18.12.0)
Next week, your name could be in this list! Just check out https://community.kde.org/Get_Involved , and wind out how you can help be a part of something that really matters.
If my efforts to perform, guide, and document this work seem useful and you’d like to see more of them, then consider becoming a patron on Patreon , LiberaPay , or PayPal . Also consider making a donation to the KDE e.V. foundation .
Aggregate valuable and interesting links.
Joyk means Joy of geeK